For us, learning is about way more than performance on high stakes tests.
Mason City Schools strive to empower students and foster individual excellence by creating a learning culture that inspires innovation, leadership and global understanding. The Mason City School District delivers excellence every day for all students by assuring high impact learning, engaging parents and community, providing a safe and nurturing environment, and maximizing cost-effectiveness and efficiency. We work to ensure that all students develop the capacity and confidence to thrive and meet the challenges of college, career and a diverse and dynamic global society.
We promote high impact learning by helping our students become:
- Creative and Critical Thinkers who think deeply, solve problems, make decisions, analyze data and critically reflect.
- Effective Collaborators who work productively with diverse individuals and groups to achieve team success; who use differences to increase innovation and quality of work.
- Confident Communicators who listen well and effectively articulate their own ideas verbally, and in writing, art, and music utilizing ever-changing technologies.
- Quality Producers who create valuable products and performances through successfully applying academic, artistic, athletic, intellectual, and/or technological skills.
- Responsible Decision-Makers who set and meet high goals while acting ethically with the interest of the larger community in mind.
- Productive Citizens who are well informed; who strive toward development of personal health and wellness; and who contribute and participate as responsible and thoughtful members of society.