Mason City Schools is searching for reliable, dependable people to train to become substitute school bus drivers.
our children are precious cargo, our goal is to hire only the most
competent individuals who meet the physical, emotional and moral
requirements of the job.
Qualifications to be a bus driver:
- At least two years driving experience.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Hold a Commercial Drivers License with required endorsements.
- Annual physical.
- Driving record check; done quarterly.
- Pre -employment and random drug and alcohol testing.
- BCII and FBI background checks.
- 15 hours of pre -service classroom training for ODE certification.
- Certification by the district.
- All bus drivers in Ohio must be recertified every six years.
- In addition to tests, trainings and certifications, bus drivers must meet certain mental and moral standards:
- Good moral character and reputation
- Ability to cope with stressful situations
- Ability to control temper and maintain poise
Apply online at www.MasonOhioSchools.com
Click on Employment and Job Postings. You will need to set up an account. Submit an application as Substitute Bus Driver.
Submit questions to: MCSTransportation@masonohioschools.com
We offer paid CDL training to qualified applicants.