Tracey Carson, Public Information Officer
Jana Antil, Administrative Assistant
Kris Scott, Administrative Assistant
The Public Information Office is excited to tell the stories that are happening in our schools -- stories of smart, motivated and kind students, innovative and dedicated staff, and parents and community members who continually ask "how can I help?"
It is a privilege to share the exciting and joyful learning that is happening in our classrooms. We're always interested in finding new ways of communicating with our constituents - ways that encourage feedback and learning, and create positive advocacy for our students and schools. Transparency and encouraging conversations help our district promote a fuller understanding of our mission.
Some of our responsibilities include:
• Implementing strategic and crisis communication plans.
• Producing district publications, including Annual Report, district e-newsletter, quarterly postcards, Quality Profile, and marketing brochures.
• Creating content and managing district website and Mason City Schools social media channels including Twitter Feed, Facebook Page, and YouTube Channel.
• Writing media releases for local newspapers/TV/ radio, and serving as the media's liaison with the school district.
• Creating and sending family communications: email, phone and text messaging.
• Monitoring state and federal issues that impact our schools and sharing information with our stakeholders.
• Approve and disseminate school sponsored and non-school sponsored flyers – including sending electronically via Peachjar.
• Seeking input from community, parents and students through our biennial Stakeholders Survey and focus groups.
• Facilitating and hosting community forums.
• Answering public and new resident requests for information.
• Liaison to the Mason Schools Foundation: Back-end support for annual School Supply Drive; process, order and track Mason Schools Foundation grants.
• Coordinate and promote the district's senior citizen appreciation program.
• Schedule school tours for prospective families.