The Mason City
School District is an important component in the economic engine that powers
the Mason community. As a high-performing school district known throughout Ohio
and across the Midwest for academic excellence, the Mason City Schools are a
“draw” for both businesses and families. The school district must provide
valuable educational excellence in a fiscally responsible manner.
community depends upon dynamic business enterprises and a high quality
educational system. This inter-dependence between the business and educational
enterprises can be enhanced by open-ended, regular and straightforward dialogue
between business and educational leaders.
The Mason City School
District’s Business Advisory Council will provide support and insight to the
educational and financial issues that face a high-performing school district.
Members serve as
advisors who assist the district in identifying industry trends, as well as ensuring
our students are exiting Mason High School with key skill sets to succeed in
tomorrow’s employment world. The Council will communicate with the community
the school budget process and increase collective understanding of Ohio and Mason’s
Business Advisory Council will offer insights for students’ career needs and
future financial issues that may impact the District. This process may include,
but not be limited to:
- Share information about workplace
behaviors and skills needed for students’ success in future careers.
- Explore opportunities for
internships or activities to support student academic experiences.
- Identify potential academic and
financial questions and issues from the community.
- Review 5-year Budget Plan.
- Monitor state education funding
and pending legislative action.
- Communicate with the public about
academic and finance issues.
The goals of the
Mason City School District Business Advisory Council are to:
- Foster dynamic on-going communication;
- Strengthen the relationship between business
- Share with the community the school budget
- Encourage cost-saving initiatives while
maintaining a high standard of educational excellence;
- Explore ways to increase funding to schools;
- Enhance the quality of life in Mason.